Intern for RMC
Want to spend a semester interning in DC? Want to learn real skills, not just making copies or getting coffee? What about reshaping the face of the GOP, and protecting personal freedoms?
The Republican Majority for Choice is looking for part-time interns to join our organization this Summer. Interns will work on social media projects; writing and researching papers; lobbying and legislative efforts; and learning how to contact press. Interns will also be able to experience Capitol Hill, gain access to networking events, represent RMC at coalition meet ups and legislative briefings, and learn about the realities of working in politics.
What do former RMC interns have to say?
“RMC has been an extraordinary internship experience. Not only did I get a real taste of DC’s political scene and advocate for a cause I support, but I also got an inside glimpse of how non-profits operate on a day-to-day basis.” – Ben, George Washington University
“For me, (working with RMC) is when my political identity completely changed, and I realized that pro-choice Republicans exist – like Senator Susan Collins, who is a role model to me… the people who represent me the most are pro-choice Republicans.” – Briana, Yale University
Our applicants should have the following qualifications:
- Enrolled full-time at an accredited undergraduate institution and hold at least junior standing as of September 2015.
- Strong work-ethic and timely behavior.
- Interest in working in politics and relevant undergraduate field.
- Comfort in working for and advocating the pro-choice Republican position.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
If you believe that you fit our requirements and want to be our winter intern, please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your resume, complete with relevant classes taken
- A short writing sample from the last year and written in a collegiate setting.
- A cover letter, detailing why you want to work for RMC and why our mission matters to you. Form cover letters will not be accepted.